In Tabidoo it is possible to share your application with other users and give each special rights, depending on what they will be able to access.
Do you want to give each user you share your application with special rights? That is not a problem for Tabidoo, you just have to follow these steps:
If you haven't made any App or Table yet, see the instructions.
First of all, you have to add the extension Users and Roles into your application. You can achieve it in two ways:
- Download extension Users and Roles from Templates.
- Use a button Add a new table (left down corner) and afterwards select from all the options of App extensions the last one - Users and roles.
The new field Role will appear in the left column. If you want to make any changes to it, you just have to click on Edit.
How to edit Roles in Tabidoo
Set users roles
In the basic version are the following preset roles:
- User - In this role a user can't change the fields of the tables but he can change data. A user can't share the application with anyone.
- ReadOnly - Within this role, a user can't change tables and even share the app with any other user. His access is reduced to reading.
- Admin - Within this role, a user can change and manage tables and share the application.
You can of course change these roles and their rights as you wish.
Permissions within the application
Within the whole application you are able to set if the user will be eligible to:
- Change tables: If a user can edit fields of the tables. However, can't make any changes to the data. If Read assign, user can read definitions, but cannot write.
- Manage to share: If a user can share the application with another user or change the roles of the already existing users.
- Hide unassigned items: By selecting this option you can hide tables that aren't set any permissions (See Rights within tables) from the user.
- Manage access: If a user is eligible to Write, that means to make any changes in data or he can only Read the data without permission to edit them.
- Hide denied fields: If you forbid access to any fields in the app to a user (see Permissions within tables), this option gives you the possibility to hide those fields from the user.
An example of the set permissions
Permissions within tables
You are free to set even more detailed permissions connected to each table:
- Access - If a user can Write to the table or only Read it or whether the access will be Denied.
- Show - If these tables show up to a user.
- Add - If a user can add a new record within the table (If the button Add appears in the table).
- Edit - If a user can edit each field of the table (If the button Edit appears in the table).
- Delete - If a user can delete fields in the table (If the button Delete appears within the table).
- GDPR - If a user can see which data are sensitive and will be able to anonymize or delete them (If the button GDPR appears in the table)
You can also set more detailed rights within each field of a table and that whether the user will be eligible to:
- Write - A user will be able to edit data within the field.
- Read - A user will be able to only read the content of the field.
- Deny - Access to the field's content will be denied.
Add the First User
After setting the user's Roles, you can assign each user-chosen Role. But first of all, you have to invite users into an application. There are three ways how to invite users into the application:
- When you click on Add new record, a form will appear in which you invite the user by entering his email. Login must always be entered as an e-mail.
Extension Environment Users and Roles in Tabidoo
- The second way to invite users into an app is to click on the upper button Invite. A user will be then invited into the app and will appear in the table Users.
- You can also invite a user by selecting the option Invite users in the settings of the application. The user will be afterwards automatically added to the table Users.
How to invite users into an app
After inviting the user into an app, he will receive by email an invitation for entering the application in Tabidoo.
The invitation for entering an application in Tabidoo
The user invited into an app must confirm email or he will not be able to access the app.
If he didn't confirm his email after registering into Tabidoo, he has to have a look into his email history and find the email about account email confirmation.
Now you can assign the rights to each user by clicking on the appropriate line and by arrow moving it to the right table.