Our developers have designed this extension to simplify your company's process and meet your long term requirements to Tabidoo.
This feature not only replaces and improves the old Notifications extension, it also helps to replace your old scripts with a simple and effective solution for which you do not need any programmer but can do on your own.
In the Workflow Automation you will work with two terms and that are the "trigger" (record is changed, deleted, exact date...) which will call a certain "action" (sending notification by email, create report, send webhook action...).
Let's take a look at it together!
In what specific cases can Workflow Automation help you?
- Workflow for approval processes (for example: approval of orders, received or issued invoices)
- Assigning tasks to individual employees
- Automatic locking of a record after a certain state change (e.g. contract or invoicing closure)
- Moving a candidate from the selection procedure to the staff,
moving a business opportunity into a contract
- Security incident reporting
- Update your records by excel at the certain time period
And many others...
How to use it?
1) Download the extension "Workflow Automation" into your application
2) Select the option "Add new record"
3) Now it is necessary to select which event will start the workflow, as we mentioned earlier, we will call it a "trigger".
A) When record changed
Do want to receive a notification/run script or anything else, when certain records are created, changed or deleted? Choose the source table and select any condition mentioned.
B) When it's time
You use this trigger when you want to call an action before or after any important date (for example you want to receive the notification a week before an invoice is due)
In order to set up this trigger, you must choose the source table with date field and timing (x minutes/hours/days/months before or after any selected date)
C) At scheduled time
You use this trigger when you want to call the action at the scheduled time period - Immediately, Daily, Weekly or Montly (for example you want an invoice to be automatically sent to the customer each month for services rendered)
In order to set up this trigger, you must choose the time period and the exact day and time for the execution.
4) Now it is time to set up the action by clicking on the option "Add action" under the trigger settings.
D) Custom button
The new Custom Button trigger starts your workflow with just a click, directly from any table. You can name the button as you wish and place it above any table in your application.
A) Send email
Do you want to send a notification on email after a certain trigger?
Follow the simple steps below.
1) Enter an email address for the notification to the field "To". By clicking on the "+" button, you can enter:
- the static email address
- the email address from a certain field in your application
- email of the users within the Role you select.
Under the "+" button you can insert an email to the copy/blind copy by clicking on "+Copy (CC)".
2) Enter any subject to the "Subject" field.
3) Select the email template, that can be:
- Standard system template
- Custom email body with the standard template (frame)
- Custom email body (classic email body without tabidoo frame)
3) Customize the email body - enter any text that can be easily edited by our designer which enables you to:
- Edit the text - change the font type, size, colour...
- Insert link
- Insert fields from tables by clicking on the "Fields" button
B) Send webhook action
The step enables you to call a webhook.
- Simply enter webhook URL or API token
C) Run script
D) Create report
This step enables you to create and process a report from Tabidoo.
1) Select source report (For more information about reporting, click HERE)
2) Enter the output file name
3) Select the report format from the following:
- Portable Document Format (pdf)
- HyperText Markup Language (html)
- Microsoft Word (2007)
- Microsoft Excel (2007)
- Open Document Text (odt)
- Open Document Spreadsheet (ods)
- Comma Separated Values (csv)
Want to attach the report to the notification email? Follow these steps:
1) Firstly, add "Create report" action and select the source report
2) Add the second action "Send email" by clicking on the "+" button and select the report from the "attachments".
E) Workflow Interruption
If you want to enter any condition under which the workflow should be finished or the other way round, select this action.
1) Choose whether the condition will stop or start the workflow, select:
- The workflow is finished, when the condition is true
- The workflow continues, when the condition is true
2) Add field for the condition by clicking on "+Add field for filter"
I want to receive a notification email when the record of a certain table includes the dropdown value “Done”.
In the workflow interruption select the following - “The workflow continues, when the condition is true” and add a field for filter with the value “Done”.
How to disable the workflow?
If you want to just pause the workflow, select the option "Disabled" which is situated in the workflow settings next to the workflow name.
In case you want to stop the workflow permanently, simply delete it as you are used with any other record in Tabidoo.