Metrics can help you to display a key value of table. For example you can display how many tasks are left to be finished, how many customers have to be contacted, simply any information which you have to keep an eye on.
The options in the settings are following:
1) Data from table - After giving label to the metrics, you have to choose the correct table from which you want the data to be displayed in metrics.
2) Type of metric - You can select whether the data from selected table will display as the count, sum, average, minimum or maximum amount.
3) Filters - Afterwards, it is necessary to setup filters and choose which concrete data from tables fields should appear in the metrics.
4) Formatting - you can add any unit prefixes or suffixes to the number in metrics.
5) Widget appearance - Finally you can setup background colour for the metrics.