Do you want to give each user you share your application with special rights? That is not problem for Tabidoo, you just have to follow these steps:
First of all, you have to add the extension Users and Roles into your application. You can achieve it with two ways:
- Download extension Users and Roles from Templates.
- Use a button Add new table (left down corner) and afterwards select from all the options of App extensions the last one - Users and roles.
The new field Role will appear in the left column. If you want to make any changes in it, you just have to click on Edit.
Set users roles
In the basic version are preset following roles:
- User - In this role a user can't change the fields of the tables but he can change data. A user can't share the application with anyone.
- ReadOnly - Within this role, a user can't change tables and even share the app with any other user. His access is reduced to reading.
- Admin - Within this role, a user is allowed to change and manage tables and share the application.
You can of course change these roles and their rights as you wish.
Permissions within application:
Within the whole application you are able to set if the user will be eligible to:
- Change tables: If a user can edit fields of the tables. However, can't make any change in data.
- Manage sharing: If a user can share the application with another users or change the roles of the already existing users.
- Hide unassigned items: By selecting this option you can hide tables in which aren't set any permissions (See Rights within tables) from the user.
- Manage access: If a user is eligible to Write, that means to make any changes in data or he can only Read the data without permission to edit them.
- Hide denied fields: If you forbid access to any fields in the app to a user (see Permissions within tables), this option gives you possibility to hide those fields from the user.
Permissions within tables:
You are free to set even more detailed permissions connected to each table:
- Access - If a user can Write to the table or only Read it or whether the access will be Denied.
- Show - If this tables shows up to a user.
- Add - If a user can add a new record within the table (If the button Add appears in the table).
- Edit - If a user can edit each field of the table (If the button Edit appears in the table).
- Delete - If a user can delete fields in the table (If the button Delete appears within the table).
- GDPR - If a user can see which data are sensitive and will be able to anonymize or delete them (If the button GDPR appears in the table)
You can also set more detailed rights within each field of a table and that whether the user will be eligible to:
- Write - A user will be able to edit data within the field.
- Read - A user will be able to only read the content of the field.
- Deny -Access to field's content will be denied.
Add the First User
After setting the users Roles, you can assign each user chosen Role. But first of all, you have to invite users into an application. There are three ways how to invite user into the application:
1) When you click on Add new record, a form will appear in which you invite the user by entering his email. Login must be always entered as an e-mail.
2) The second way to invite user into an app is to click on the upper button Invite. A user will be then invited into the app and will appear in the table Users.
3) You can also invite a user by selecting the option Invite users in the settings of the application. The user will be afterwards automatically added into the table Users.
After inviting the user into an app, he will receive by email an invitation for entering the application in Tabidoo.
The user invited into an app must have confirmed email or he will not be able to access the app.
If he didn't confirm his email after registering into Tabidoo, he has to have a look into his email history and find the email about account email confirmation.
Now you can assign the rights to each user by clicking on the appropriate line and by arrow moving it to the right table.