You can use scripting in these situations:
- You need to prefill a computed value for a new line.
- You need to hide/show inputs during form edit. Based on inserted values.
- You need to enable/disable inputs during form edit. Based on inserted values.
- You want to do an advanced validation, show messages based on current data.
- You need to create record in another table, after some kind of changes.
- You want to call some API after save.
- The intellisense is accessible after pressing Ctrl+Space
- When you type doo. you receive the list of next functions.
In case, you are not sure, how the model object looks like or what the value of a variable is, check the value in the developer console of the browser
You can open the developer console by pressing F12 in Chrome/Edge browser or CTRL+SHIFT+I in Opera browser and similarly in other browsers.