In order to report data in Tabidoo, it is necessary to create individual reports which you will use further. Thanks to a simple extension, you can prepare reports regularly and without much effort.
Our tip: You can use reporting, for example, to easily create invoices from orders. All you need to do is to set the parameters once and then use them for all tables.
How to download the Reporting extension
- For reporting, you will need to get an Reporting system extension from Templates. In the application, click on the button in the bottom-left corner called + Add new table and select Import from Templates.
- From the Templates menu, go to the Extensions tab and select the item Reporting system. Click on it and then select Add to table.
3. The item Reports has now been added to the left column of your application.
How to set up reporting
- In the left column of the selected application, click on the item Reports.
- Click on the + Add new item button.
- Select a data source. That can be:
- a table,
- a record (a row) in a table,
- any web API, fill in the URL in the Path field,
- a combination of data from different tables - use the Custom Data Source extension which you can find in Templates.
4. Set the user rights and filters.
5. You can prepare reports in the tab called Report Designer. You can find a detailed help to it on the website of the publisher of the Stimulsoft software we use.
How to print or save a report
If you create reports according to the previous steps, you can then easily view, print or save them.
- In the selected table, in the top row, you will find the Add, Edit, Delete or Print icons.
2. Click on the print icon.
3. A pop-up window will appear in which you can Print the prepared report or Save it as a PDF or Excel.