- Text - use any time you don't find a better field type.
- Radio - a choice, where you can choose just one value.
- Chat - a complex input, where you can store a discussion. It is not a live chat!
- Long text - rich text with formatting, bold, colors etc.
- Dropdown - one choice again. Just another graphical presentation.
- Multichoice - multiple choice from values.
- Date - date without time.
- Date time
- Yes no
- Money - decimal value with formatting and two decimal places.
- Decimal - very similar to Money type. More decimal places.
- Number - integer number. Please see our description lower, what is number and what is a text containing only numbers. There is a big difference.
- Picture - you can attach picture(s) to the record. It can make your data looks really cool.
- Files - attachments. One or more files.
- System value - you can access data like created date, who modified it etc.
Stickers - in case o Dropdown or Radio, you can use Stickers to make the choice prettier.
Difference between text and number
Something, you can compare. Salary: 1 000 000 > 1 000
You can divide: Pieces 20, shared by 5 people = 4
Not a number
Zip code. 987998. It is an identifier. Not a number. You don't care, which one is bigger. You will never divide it.
Cell phone number 0420 738 246 506
Account number. This is not a number.
Id card number. Pin. These are not numbers. There are identifiers containing only numbers. However you don't care about a value. So it is not a number.
If 0124 is not the same as 124, it is not a number.