You don't have to rewrite all the data from your Excel file into Tabidoo or vice versa, you can simply export or import all the existing data from the Excel file to Tabidoo within a second.
How to Import data from Excel
If you want to make entirely new table in Tabidoo by importing from the Excel file, you just have to follow these steps:
1) From the options to Add new table select the one marked below - Import Excel data.
When you have more than one sheet in your excel file, all the sheets will be imported as separated tables to the Tabidoo. That means if you have two sheets in Excel called for example "Customers" and "Orders". They will be imported into Tabidoo like two tables with the same names.
How to update data in Tabidoo by Excel
In case you want to just update your already existing data in Tabidoo by importing from Excel, you have to do the following:
1) Firtly, it is essential to specify import key column in a schema definition in order that the system will be able to strictly identify the records. You can set it up in the settings of the specific field, in advanced features select the option - Import key field.
The import key column can not contain any duplicates. Otherwise, the mistake will appear while importing data.
The first field in the table is automatically preset for a user as the import key field.
2) In a selected table click on Import from the options listed above the table.
Afterwards, these options will appear:
1) Add records existing in import but not in the table - by selecting this option you will avoid the risk, that same records would be in the table twice. You can use it for example when you add some new records in the excel sheet and you want only them to be imported to the Tabidoo without the ones already existing in the table. They will be imported by the key column value.
2) Update records existing in both table and import - by selecting this option, all the changes made in the excel sheet will display in the table where you import all the records. It will not import any new records you added in your excel sheet, it will import only the changes of the already existing data in the table. The data will be also imported by key column value.
3) Append all imported data without checking key column - by selecting this option there will be imported all the data which are in the excel file without checking the key column. Therefore, you put yourself in a risk, that they might be displayed in the table twice.
Keep in mind:
- The first worksheet in the Excel file containing data will be used for update current table. Other worksheets will be ignored.
- The first row in the worksheet is considered as column headers
- The worksheet must contain at least one row of data (except column headers).
- By import you can only update or add new records, you can not delete anything.
- Column headers in the Excel sheet must match the column headers in the table in Tabidoo.
- If there is any mistake in records while import - it will import all the other records, the one with mistakes will be skipped.
How to import only some columns from Excel
In order to import only some chosen columns from the excel sheet, you simply need to delete all the columns in the Excel sheet which you do not want to import and leave only the selected ones + the Import key column.
How to update linked data by import
The imported column headers in Excel must always match the column headers in Tabidoo. This is also the case when updating linking in Tabidoo, it means it must be in the format "Column name (Name of the linked column)". All the data will be automatically changed in the linked tables as well.
How to Export Data to Excel file
If you want to export all the data from specific table in Tabidoo into Excel sheet you just have to follow this easy step and that is to click on the Export data to Excel file from the options listen above the table.
Since there is not any possibility to connect anyhow applications in Tabioo, export can be useful. Once you want to get any table from one app to another, you just have to export the content to excel from the first app and then import it to the target application.