A table consists of columns and records which can contain text, a number, a check box, a calendar, or another type of data. You can create it in Tabidoo or import it there from Excel or Trello.
How to create a new table
Click on the icon of the application in which you want to create the table. On the home screen, you will see the following options of adding a new table:
- create a new custom table
- import Templates
- import from Excel
- import from a Trello JSON file.
Select the option you want to use and click on the button next to that option.
Create your own table
Name the table, using up to 100 characters and select its icon. In the beginning, it is always a good idea to set up your own system for labeling tables.
In the advanced settings, you can choose the display, the GDPR settings, or the description of the table. Save the settings and continue.
Select the type of data entry
In this step, you choose whether you want to have text, a number, a check box, or another data format in your table. We go through them in more detail in the chapter Types of Data Entries.
Each of the columns / types of data entries must be named.
Under the icons of data entry types, you will find the Required field option. Use it if you want this entry to always be filled in.
Add other entries to the table
Once you save the data creation, the environment of the newly created table will appear in front of you. If you wish to edit it further, click on the gear icon in the left column. The menu of the table will then appear.
Select the item Table Settings.
Select another data type you want to add. It is then automatically assigned to the existing data. You can specify the order yourself.
Entering data into a table
If you wish to enter or edit data in a table, use the Add - Edit - Delete buttons, which can be found under the name of the table.
- Use the Add button to add new data to the prepared tables.
- Use the Edit button to edit the existing data.
- Use the Delete button to delete the selected data.
- Other icons will help you upload data from the server, import data, export data, or view editing history.
How to find data in a table? Use the search box in the upper-right corner or press CTRL + F.
View sharing and other functions
Next to the search box, there are icons which will help you easily and quickly manage the table view.
- Use the icon of labels to display the settings of the table (for example, with whom it is shared and with what rights).
- The grid icon allows you to change the display (table, tabs, calendar).
- The last icon of the square allows you to view the table in full screen mode.