If you feel already enought confident about the basics in Tabidoo, it's time for you to become familiar with the advanced features which you can setup in Tabidoo.
In this chapter we will focus on the advanced features in Table Fields:
You can find the advanced features under the Field type in the Table fields settings. Once you click on the Advanced features, you realize that it offers many possibilities in Tabidoo. These options differ depending to the field type.
When you select field type Text, this options appear:
1) Field Description
- You can use this feature, if you want to inform the user, what is this item good for or you can use it as the manual what exact data should be enter to the field.
Afterwards, when you open the edit form in Tabidoo, you can see next to the field header a question mark. In order to see the field description simply point on the question mark.
2) Show in grid
- If you want this field to appear in the Table, select this option. This option is automatically preset once you add a new field.
3) Show in edit form
- If you want to display this field in the edit form, select this option. This option is automatically preset once you add a new field.
4) Use as a default sort
- If you want all the records in your table to be sorted by this field, then select this option. In case that you setup as a default sort any text, it will be sorted alphabetically. Moreover, you can also select if data will be sorted as ascending or descending.
5) GDPR sensitive - print
- If you keep in Tabidoo any sensitive data, this feature helps you to keep them at one place in case you wanted to print them all. You can afterwards put these data in your report and print them when necessary.
6) GDPR sensitive - delete
- This feature is also determined for your sensitive data in Tabidoo. This option helps you to keep them at one place and delete the data whenever needed.
However, for these two options it is firstly essential to define your table as "GDPR root" see more in the chapter GDPR.
To see all the sensitive data you keep in our table, select this option from the main menu:
7) Show in the record description (link to a table, edit form header, record audit)
By selecting this option you setup three things:
1) Once you link data between tables, this feature can help you to setup which field should display in the table description in the edit form. This can be only setup in the field of the source table.
2) This field will also appear as the edit form header.
3) And finally, it will be setup as the object description in the record audit.
8) Import key field
-Import key field serves as the data identificator when you import data from Excel to Tabidoo. It identifies the data in order that there will not be any duplicates and the already existing data in your table will be updated by the Excel file. When you make a new table, the first field of the table is automatically preset as the import key field.
9) Frequently searched column (can increase search speed)
- If you search and filter your data often in any of your column in the table, this feature helps you to speed it up. However, be careful it enlarges databases which your table includes. Therefore, it is important to set it up only for the fields where it is really necessary.
10) Values in this column must be unique
-In order to avoid any duplicates in the column, select this option.
11) Show in lookup
- Once you link data between tables, this feature can help you to setup which field should display in the lookup of the linked table. This can be only setup in the field of the source table.
12) Hide on public form
-It is possible to publish form from Tabidoo to the website (Documentation coming soon). By selecting this option you hide this field on the public form.
13) Show in sub-table grid
-When you link two tables in Tabidoo and use the type of binding One to many, by selecting this feature you make this field to display in the grid in the edit form of the linked table.
-By entering Category, the selected field will be divided from other fields in the edit form. To divide more fields under the same category, simply copy the name of the category into the field "Category" of the selected fields.
15) Default value
-Default value is useful once you want to easier the work to users and automatically pre-fill some values in the fields in the edit form. It can also be used when you want some values to be filled in cartain way. For example - phone number with phone number prefix.
Extra feature for - Radio, Dropdown, Multi Choice
There is one extra feature for these field types:
Use color stickers for calendar
-The default colour for all the stickers in calendar is blue, however if you give each dropdown specific background colour in the settings and select this advanced feature, the colour will afterwards change based on the specific colour of the dropdown/radio/multi choice.
Extra features for - Date, Date & time
There are two extra features in these type of field type compared to field type Text:
These two options are used when you have two fields Date in your table. You can setup that these two dates will be displayed in the calendar as date from and date to. The following picture shows how will the dates afterwards display in the calendar view in tabidoo.
1) Use as date from in calendar view
-By selecting this option, the field date will be seen in calendar view as the date from.
2) Use as date to in calendar view
-By selecting this option, the field date will be seen in calendar view as the date to.
Field type - Number
There is an extra feature compared to field type Text:
Automatic identifier 1...X
-This feature automatically identifies order of the records in which they were added to the table and numbers them from value 1 to x.
-The option "Choose columns" provides you to group the records and number them depending on the selected field.
-For example if you select the field "Date" It can number the records every new month from 1 to x. If you for example select the field "Name" It can number those records from 1 to x that are connected to the certain name.
You can select as many fields as you wish and group your records under them.